The Practice Support Team facilitates requests received from General Practices for any assistance they need.
Requests may include:
- Assistance with importing and exporting data registers for the Ministry of Health
- Patient Enrolment queries
- Assisting with writing query builds for Patient Management System (PMS)
- Distributing general communications
- Facilitating a monthly Practice Manager’s Forum
- Providing guidance about how to use the provider portal
- Assisting with System Level Measure enquiries
- Emergency Management facilitation
- Assisting with the creation of necessary documents for practices
The team also implements projects that are required by the Ministry of Health, MidCentral DHB or THINK Hauora.
Current projects include:
- Shared Electronic Health Record (SEHR) - The Shared Care Record allows authorised medical services involved in your care to access up to date health information from your Medical Centre. The Shared Care Record is available at any time, even if your Medical Centre is closed or in the event of an emergency.
- Patient Portal – allows patients to view their health records securely online and keep up to date with your health information. Enquire at your General Practice to sign up.
- National Enrolment Service - The National Enrolment Service (NES) has been developed to provide a single source of truth for all national enrolment and identity data.
- Patient Experience Survey - The Primary Care Patient Experience survey was developed by the New Zealand Health Quality & Safety Commission. The purpose of this survey is to find out what patients’ experience with primary care is like and how their overall care is managed between their general practice, diagnostic services, specialists, and/or hospital services. All enrolled patients with a recorded email address who access their general practice during the survey week (three monthly) are offered to participate in the online survey.
For more information, please Contact Us on (06) 354 9107