THINK Hauora is contacting patients for online portal registrations
Please be assured that your General Practice Team is here to support you. This support may be delivered in different ways.
THINK Hauora is working with General Practices to help people stay connected with their health professionals. Like other General Practice teams all around the country, we are moving swiftly to keep our communities connected with valuable primary care services.
Doctors, Nurse Practitioners and other health professionals will be using telephone and video consultations and connecting with people through patient portal messaging.
Over the next few weeks, THINK Hauora will be contacting thousands of people across the MidCentral District on behalf of General Practice clinics. Members of general public can expect to receive an email from thinkhauora.nz to invite them to register with their General Practice’s patient portal and outlining the process for online registration. Contact will depend on whether people belong to a General Practice which currently offers a patient portal service.
Almost one million New Zealanders already use a patient portal to connect with their General Practice team without coming into the practice. General Practices will still be open to see people face-to-face at the discretion of the clinician. For example, when doing a virtual consultation, the General Practitioner or Nurse Practitioner will make the call on whether the patient should come into the clinic.
Services on patient portals may differ between practices. Here are a few services which may be offered through your General Practice portal:
- request repeat prescriptions
- view laboratory results such as blood testsMore information on patient portals can be found at:
- see your current diagnosis, medications and medical conditions
- send and receive secure messages between you and your general practice.
More information on patient portals can be found at:
- The Ministry of Health on https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/digital-health/other-digital-health-initiatives/patient-portals
- Health Navigator which also provides excellent and trusted information about patient portals in New Zealand and many other useful health and health related topics. Check out https://www.healthnavigator.org.nz/healthy-living/p/patient-portals-a-guide-for-patients/
If you have any questions about your General Practice online patient portal registration process, please email THINK Hauora at email@example.com.