We are looking for a dynamic, experienced Practice Nurse with great people skills to join our amazing team at Horowhenua Community Practice (HCP) located in Levin. HCP is a family friendly, close working team who are highly motivated to support the health needs of the Horowhenua Community.
Horowhenua Community Practice (HCP) is owned and operated by Central Primary Health Organisation (PHO), trading as THINK Hauora. HCP the largest general practice currently operating within the Horowhenua District and is also the main site for Horowhenua After Hours Clinic. HCP is co-located within the Horowhenua Health Centre along with several other service providers ranging from Pharmacy, District Nursing, Radiology, Community Mental Health, in patient ward (Star 4) and Maternity.
The team consists of a Leadership Team, Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses, Administrators and a Health Care Assistant. We are very pleased to be offering a full-time opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join this friendly and warm team. The position includes hours worked between the day and After-Hours practice.
- Providing professional nursing services both within the practice team and autonomously
- Supporting the practice goals of delivering a high level of patient-centric care
- Offering friendly, supportive, responsive, quality care to patients that is holistic, culturally appropriate and encourages optimal levels of well-being.
- Has opportunities for further progression and encourages nurse led initiatives and career progression
Skills and attributes:
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of 2 years New Zealand practice experience
- A current Annual Practising Certificate (APC)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate with a flexible can-do attitude
- Have smear taking, vaccinator and other Practice Nurse qualifications (or be prepared to gain these and other relevant competencies)
- Possess efficient organisational and time management skills
- Can work well under pressure but also seeks out health promotion and other initiatives that benefit patients in quieter times.
- Good documentation and computer skills
To apply, please view the below Job Description and complete the Job Application Form. Send your resume and completed THINK Hauora Job Application Form to: email@example.com
To find out more in confidence, please contact: Lea, HCP Practice Manager on 021 958342.
Applications close Thursday, 27 February 2020 at 9am.