- Fixed Term Contract commencing February 2020 for 12 months
- Part-time, 20 – 24 hours per week between Monday to Friday
- Located 200 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North
Are you a Clinical Dietitian with the availability to complete a Fixed Term Contract and hit the ground running?
THINK Hauora (formally Central PHO) is a not for profit charitable trust, that provides primary healthcare services to the MidCentral DHB population. We are funded by the Ministry of Health and the DHB and have a focus on ‘Connecting Communities for Wellbeing’. Today, THINK Hauora has a core staff of up to 135, employed within the MidCentral region.
The organisation has a team of Registered Clinical Dietitians located throughout the Manawatu, Horowhenua, Tararua and Ōtaki. Their focus is to provide dietetic assessment, management and education support and programmes to priority populations.
THINK Hauora has embedded an innovative and outward-looking 2019-2025 Strategy. Our focus is on achieving seven key Whānau Ora Outcomes – Self Managing, Whānau Cohension, Living Health Lifestyles, Participating on Te Ao Māori, Responsible Stewards of Living & Natural Environments, Participating in Society and Economic Security and Wealth Creation.
Due to parental leave we are now seeking to appoint a part-time Registered Clinical Dietitian commencing February 2020 at our brand-new premises 200 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North. The role requires travel within the Manawatu to community practices and other services users. Fleet vehicles are available for use, so a clean NZ Drivers licence is required. This is an opportunity to work in the community alongside other passionate health professionals.
It will also see you working with alongside people with a range of long-term conditions including diabetes, cardiovascular and respiratory disease. You will work autonomously as a clinician and alongside GP teams to maintain and deliver an exceptional service.
You will be supported in your role by an experienced and professional dietetic team who are committed to clinical excellence. As part of the THINK Hauora family, you will have access to clinical supervision, be encouraged to develop your clinical practice with professional development and plenty of in house opportunities to gather the skills required for the role.
To hit the ground running you will:
- Be a New Zealand-registered Dietitian with an APC
- Have a current and clean New Zealand Drivers Licence
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally in a team with other health professionals
- Knowledge of the chronic care model and self-management focus
- Strong motivational and counselling skills
- Have a willingness to learn and develop an existing service
- Have a passion for working with people in their own communities
As a Dietitian you’ll also demonstrate:
- A high standard of clinical practice and expertise
- Exceptional communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to effect change in a changing health system
- Experience and passion for working with different cultures and high needs populations
- Innovative ways of engaging and promoting the health and wellness message within our community
- Skills and experience in performing client centred assessments and care plans that focus on whānau wellness
- Experience working independently and in a multidisciplinary team
To formally apply please send your resume and completed THINK Hauora Application Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Thursday, 23 January 2020 at 9am