- Permanent, full time hours
- Support general practices to implement a cloud based PMS
- Utlise your change managment skills to help our networks flourish
THINK Hauora (formerly known as Central PHO) is a strategically connected network of health services across Palmerston North, Manawatu, Tararua, Horowhenua and Ōtaki communities. We work with general practices and community health service providers, and support core alliances with MidCentral District Health Board, Te Tihi o Ruahine and Raukawa Whānau Ora.
Our new 2019–2025 Strategy takes a broad view of health, acknowledging health is woven into all aspects of life. Grounded in primary health care provision, THINK Hauora aspires to ‘connect communities for wellbeing’. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and ready to take action for equity.
THINK Hauora’s Network Development and Support team is now seeking to appoint a new Network Development System Support team member. The team is focussed and made up of skilled and talented people who are driving exciting change and technology initiatives to further transform and connect health and social services across our district.
The primary focus of this role is supporting long term clinical and financial sustainability by ensuring PHC Providers are responsive to their registered population and wider health system through:
- The implementation and support for new cloud -based Practice Management and Information systems, using a mix of workflow co-design, negotiating & influencing change skills, monitoring and reviewing PHC Providers progress and performance, and strong project management experience
- Supporting Primary Health Care Providers (PHC) to adopt change management programmes in a way that best suits the PHC Provider – including involvement in the implementation of the Health Care Home model of care
To thrive in this role, you will be agile, innovative, see relationships as paramount and thrive juggling a range of projects and initiatives. Strong verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in the MS Office Suite, and an ability to build robust relationships to support change are a must. Experience from a busy General Practice and user-experience of the Medtech32/Evolution Practice Management System (PMS) would be desirable.
We pride ourselves on excellence every day and getting things done! In return we are looking for a remarkable applicant who thrives on change, delivering precise customer service solutions and can ‘think outside the box’.
We guarantee, no two days will be the same – but you will love this!
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday, 31 January 2020 at 9am