A full-time opportunity has arisen for an experienced Pharmacist to join the Primary Health Care Sector and positively develop and highlight ‘best practice’ prescribing behaviours in the community.
THINK Hauora (formerly Central PHO) works in partnership with MidCentral DHB to provide a number of programmes focussed on improving the health and wellbeing of our population. Reporting to the Population Health Pharmacist Team Lead, this role will be based at THINK Hauora. You will be working with an existing Primary Care Support Pharmacy team, working together on a range of initiatives across the primary care sector.
About the Role
As a Primary Care Support Pharmacist, you will work as an integral part of the primary care teams to encourage and support positive changes in medicine utilisation by:
- Focusing on reducing inequities and working with priority populations
- Supporting and advising on all matters relating to the medicine management of individual eligible patients
- Providing ‘best practice’ information and education to patients and practice staff; supporting best practice by undertaking prescriber audits
- Conducting Medicine Therapeutic Assessments and complex medication reviews
- Analysing medicines utilisation data for individual patients
- You will provide best practice prescribing advice to all primary care prescribers across the THINK Hauora district, including those prescribers not affiliated with THINK Hauora. Your aim is to consider the needs and access issues for individual patients, with a strong equity focus for priority population groups.
To be seriously considered for this role, you:
- Must be a New Zealand Registered Pharmacist with a current Annual Practising Certificate and have proven scope of practice which enables the undertaking of the duties for this role
- Must hold a post graduate qualification in Clinical Pharmacy or working towards this
- Will have in-depth knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical services
- Will have broad knowledge and appreciation of the roles of various health professionals within the service and in other services which support the continuum of patient care
- Will preferably have knowledge of local communities, its key issues and its priority populations, along with knowledge and understanding of bicultural and equity issues. This is desirable but not essential.
- Will have sound analytical and decision-making ability and be able to identify trends in individual patient data, including appropriate application of equity focused approaches, to guide best practice prescribing. This is desirable but not essential.
The THINK Hauora, Clinical Pharmacy Team is dedicated to encouraging positive changes in medicines. Our focus is to work towards meeting the current and future demands of our communities, providing improved patient experiences and achieving improved patient and community well-being.
At THINK Hauora you will work alongside a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about delivering primary health care to our region and making a positive impact. A competitive remuneration package is being offered as well as the opportunity to contribute to making a positive impact in the health outcomes of people in the THINK Hauora district as we pursue our vision of, ‘Connecting Communities for Wellbeing’.
Please find below the job description and THINK Hauora Application Form. Send completed application form, resume & cover letter to: email@example.com