THINK Hauora (formerly Central PHO) is a not for profit charitable trust, that provides primary healthcare services to the MidCentral DHB population. We are funded by the Ministry of Health and the DHB and have a turnover of $53 million. Today, THINK Hauora has a core staff of 110, as well as 25 staff employed within Horowhenua Community Practice.
THINK Hauora primarily provides support and a range of health services to General Practice teams across the Manawatu, Horowhenua, Otaki and Tararua regions and has a strong commitment to collaborating and partnering with others to improve health outcomes to address the health disparity evident within our population. We can be described as forward thinking, agile and focussed on, connecting communities for wellbeing.
In the heart of all this activity sits Corporate Services, a team of 5 responsible for the functions of Finance, Payroll and Human Resources. Due to parental leave, we are now looking for an experienced Payroll and Accounts Receivable Administrator to manage our payroll and accounts receivable functions.
Reporting to the GM Corporate Services, this role will see you:
- Responsible for the payroll function for THINK Hauora and that of its business units and agency arrangements
- Secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts and resolving discrepancies
- Raise accounts receivable invoices against schedules as and when required
- Reconcile the Trust’s credit card statements and bank accounts
To be considered for this pivotal role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience in Payroll and an understanding of relevant payroll legislation and processes
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A high level of confidentiality
- The ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Competent computer skills and experience using PayGlobal, the Microsoft suite, including a high level of proficiency in excel.
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- The ability to be self-managing
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with effective communication
- An understanding and the ability to talk about payroll and accounting in a way non-technical people can understand
- The ability to apply a customer service approach to queries and work in a collaborative and consultative way
- An understanding of the relevance and impact of culturally appropriate service provision and how culture influences behaviour both internal and external to the organisation.
This is a key role and whilst training will be provided, experience processing payroll and up to date payroll legislation is desirable. You will describe yourself as unflappable, very relatable and bring a sense of humour to your work. We see this position commencing Monday, 6 January 2020 so join us in Corporate Services in the New Year with a New Job!
To apply, please send completed application form together with your resume to: email@example.com
Applications close Monday, 18 November 2019 at 9am