Are you all about challenging the status quo? Are you seeking the opportunity to lead innovation and transformation? Do you see yourself building the capability and skills of others to be innovative and transformational forerunners?
Think Hauora (formerly known as Central PHO) is a connected network of health services across Palmerston North, Manawatu, Tararua, Horowhenua and Ōtaki communities. We work with general practices and community health service providers, and support core alliances with MidCentral District Health Board, Te Tihi o Ruahine and Raukawa Whānau Ora.
Our new 2019–2025 Strategy takes a broad view of health, acknowledging health is woven into all aspects of life. Grounded in primary health care provision, THINK Hauora aspires to ‘connect communities for wellbeing’. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and ready to take action for equity.
THINK Hauora is now seeking to engage a Sexual Health/Cervical Screening Facilitator to implement our new Long Acting and Reversible Contraceptive (LARC) and Sexual & Reproductive Health Service as well as supporting our Cervical Screening Programme.
Reporting to the Clinical Facilitator Lead, the Sexual Health/Cervical Screening Facilitator will primarily focus on:
- Working alongside General Practice Teams (GPT’s) to provide clinical oversight of the LARC and Sexual and Reproductive Health Services Contract
- Improve equity for priority populations to have their smear and/or access to Sexual and Reproductive Health Services or LARC’s
- Work with GPT’s, Cervical Screening Register and Community Networks to identify women who are overdue for their smear, and liaise with appropriate services to engage overdue women
- Working with Iwi & Maori and Pasifika providers and others to reach priority populations to have their Cervical Smear completed
You will have:
- Current clinical knowledge and practice in sexual health / cervical screening
- Registered Nurse with a current APC
- Ideally previous experience implementing a health service and driving service improvement
- Proven experience leading and embedding change initiatives
- The ability to promote and drive this department
- Experience with health literacy and education
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build robust relationships with a variety of community stakeholders
- A genuine interest in the Primary Health Care Sector
In return, THINK Hauora offers a commitment of valuing your skills and knowledge by providing ongoing professional development, competitive remuneration, and an opportunity to contribute to the quality and wellbeing outcomes for our community.
To apply, please send your current resume, cover letter and THINK Hauora Applicaton form to: email@example.com